Switching your number to Zero is easy.
Just give us the details of the number you wish to bring across and we will do everything else for you for free.
Things to know about porting
Before you port
How long to port
You'll need to make sure of the following:
• If your current number is prepaid, we need your date of birth
• If your current number is post-paid, we need your existing account details
• You must be the account holder with your current service provider
• Your current number must be active
• You must have access to the current mobile number
• Check with your current provider about early termination fees
Note: Zero is not liable for any fees or charges incurred by your previous service provider.
When you complete your registration for a Zero mobile subscription, we will ask you if you'd like to keep your mobile number.
To protect our customers from unauthorised transfers/ports, an additional pre-porting identity verification process is in place.
If you choose to port your current number, you'll receive a one-time password via SMS to the mobile number you wish to transfer over. You'll then need to provide the code back to us before we go ahead with the transfer.
Porting is usually a seamless process.
Most ports complete within 15 minutes but some can take up to 48 hours. Transfers to Zero are completed between the following hours:
• Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm AEST
• Saturdays: 10am-6pm AEST (except national public holidays)
For requests outside of these hours, your service will remain active with your existing provider until the next working day.